Sunday, July 14, 2013

Oh take me back to the start.

Today is a sad day.
Today, a lot of people have been heartbroken.
I myself am heartbroken.

Cory Monteith is someone who has been part of my life for the past four years. He has been part of every Gleeks' households for the past four years. That's why, I think, mourning for him is something that comes so naturally for us. That's why, when I went online today, there were a couple of tweets and messages about Cory's death. Because, right now, we Gleeks are a family more than ever. Because right now, this pain we feel is just too real.

I can't even imagine the pain that Lea is feeling. I can't even imagine how heartbroken she must be, to be dealing with this, when she had this whole life with Cory to think about. I can't imagine how the cast must be feeling, because they worked together for so long and I guess, they're all attached to each other already. If we, the viewers are, how could they not be?

Today is a sad day.

Sooner or later, we'll move on from this news. It won't hurt as much as it does right now, at this moment. We'll know how to deal. But, for now, let's not pretend that we're not lonely, that we're not affected, that this news is just another news. Because it's not. Because it's sad and heartbreaking and the pain is unimaginable.

Gleeks, here's a hug for all of you. Thank you for understanding, and thanks because today, there are no ship wars, no divisions. Thanks for being one.

To everyone else, I ask you to please respect everyone who's in mourning right now. No trolling, no bashing.

"Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard."
RIP Cory Monteith
May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013
Fly in Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment