Thursday, October 1, 2015

She Flies with Faeries Reviews: ONE SWEET NOVEMBER DAY by Amae Dechavez

amae1

JustWritePH-ForLove-Cover

Title: One Sweet November Day

Author: Amae Dechavez

My Rating: 4/5 Stars

One Sweet November Day is part of the #JustWritePH–For Love compilation. You can go grab a copy on Buqo.


Nagtagpong muli si Ethan at Maylie. Sinong magaakala na pagkatapos nilang magkakilala at maging matalik na magkaibigan noong bakasyon sa Pila, Laguna ay magkikita silang muli? Sa saglit napag kakalayo nilang dalawa ay lalong nilang napagtanto namahal na nganilaang isa’t-isa. Kaya sa muli nilang pagkikita sa Unibersidad ng Pilipinas, Los Baños ay hindi na pinalagpas pa ni Ethan ang pagkakataon niya. Sinabiniya kay Maylie ang mga katagang “Mahal kita.” “Mahal din kita” angnagingtugon ng dalaga. Girlfriend na Ethan si Maylie—first girlfriend. Ngunit magtatagal ba ang pag-iibigan nila?


I thoroughly enjoyed Amae’s One Lovely Summer Day, so when I heard about ONE SWEET NOVEMBER DAY being its sequel, I was really excited.

Well, there was a good reason for me to be excited because this story, while short, had a lot of those kilig moments that I enjoyed in the first book. Now, Ethan and Maylie are finally in a relationship, and traversing the great but sometimes difficult college road while at it.

Imagery is great in this story. Set in one of the famous universities in the Philippines, you’d definitely feel like you’re in there, walking those roads, and hanging out with them, too. Needless to say, there were a couple of moments here when I felt like eating kwek-kwek! HA!

Another thing that I like about this story is the fact that it involves feelings that are real, especially if you’re dealing with relationships while in school. There’s the doubt. There’s the feeling that maybe, you guys are not going to make it. Then, of course, there are those sweet and cute moments that make young love what it is: innocent, and truthful, and something you’d want to give your whole heart to.

Well, I really do not want to spoil anything, but if there’s one thing I want more from this book, it’s probably the fact that I want it to be longer (No pressure, Amae!). But seriously, you’d enjoy this, and get kilig, and I’m pretty sure it’ll make you smile–it sure made me smile.

Oh, and let me leave you with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment