Thursday, October 17, 2013

Filipino Friday: Kids and Books

What were your favorite books as a kid or while you were growing up? Do you still read children’s books? If you could give your younger self a book to read, what would it be?

Well, I started reading Fairy Tales, thus this whole "Princessy" personality. My favorite was Cinderella and The Little Mermaid--the sad, original version where she became foam on top of the waves. Yeah, was fatalistic even as a kid. 

I also grew up reading Goosebumps. I had like, a LOT of those books and a few years back, was able to tweet RL Stine about it and he. replied. it. was. awesome. Then, when I was in Grade 5 (I think), I started reading the Harry Potter books--before it became big. That was ages and ages ago.

Yep, I still read children's books. Just recently, I reviewed Guardians of Tradition  and it was amazing. I also read "Velveteen Rabbit" and "Winnie the Pooh" this year. Classics. I like children's books because they're colorful and yeah well, such a kiddo at heart so...

And, if I'm gonna ask my younger self to read something...hmm...I think it would be..I don't know? haha. Maybe "Alice in Wonderland", or...I really don't know. Oh, wait. The whole Grimms' Fairy Tales collection. Yep, that would be awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment