Friday, December 18, 2015

124/50: Goodreads Reading Challenge 2015

 

So this year is almost over in like, 2 weeks, and while I have not posted my favorite local and international reads yet (well, they’re coming in the next few days), let me share with you my 2015 Reading Challenge first!

good1

According to Goodreads, I read 124 books this year not counting beta-reads and what-nots. Actually, I only set a goal of 50 books this year because busy life is busy + my memory is failing me + I have a worsening kind of anxiety and (possibly ADD) so I CANNOT FOCUS that much on reading anymore (yeah, it’s sad but that’s life) and I’m kind of disappointed because I know I could still read more. Well, 124’s not bad but the past years I managed 133, 164, and I have no idea before because I have not made a habit of tracking my reads before 2013 lol.

good2.JPG

Anyway, let’s see what I’ve read this year…

good9

Well, I kind of started the year with Ines Bautista Yao’s ONLY A KISS, then there’s LEAVING TIME by my all time favorite Jodi Picoult, Hans Christian Andersen’s COLLECTION OF FAIRY TALES (I’m a fairy tale girl in case you still didn’t know), and my alter ego’s STORMY HOLLOW…

good8

Oh, at the start of the year, I was also in this Alessandra Torre feast (SHE IS SO GOOD. Look her up!), then a bevy of non-fiction stuff (I KNOW, I love the Kardashians so what—but seriously, Kris’ book was actually entertaining). And then there’s ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES (my god, that was heartbreaking + one of my personal favorites for this year). Gayle Forman’s I WAS HERE was kind of in the same genre but it didn’t hit me the way it should…

good7

Some suspense/mystery/thrillers here. Oh, and there’s MARY KUBICA’S THE GOOD GIRL (I love that one so much, she’s also such an amazing author!), Lauren Oliver’s VANISHING GIRLS (which reminds me of the old Lauren Oliver that I love), lots of Goosebumps, MY HEART AND OTHER BLACK HOLES (another good one). LITTLE PEACH was quite damaging. THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN, well I probably read it at the wrong time because I didn’t like it the way I probably should.

good6

Oh my gosh PS I STILL LOVE YOU (TEAM KAVINSKY FOREVER!!!!), some Fear Street, my friend Amae’s ONE LOVELY SUMMER DAY, and HAHA THERE’S A MENAGE THING HERE LOL. Still Alice was beautiful like the movie and SHUG was pretty cute. ISLE OF THE LOST, hmm I guess I was a little too old for it lol

good5

Some Marilyn books because I’m a Marilynette. Lea Michele’s BRUNETTE AMBITION, HALLOWED—the third installment of the Precious Blood series! Zoe Sugg’s GIRL ONLINE (I had to write about her for work before), ONCE REAWAKENED (I love the show, loved the adaptation, too!), THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB (because I was also obsessed with the show especially Rene Carpenter), Sophie’s FINDING AUDREY (another favorite), and oh yes, Holly’s DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE was really nice, too!

good4

OH my number 1 favorite for this year EVERYTHING EVERYTHING is here. THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU, PRETTY BABY are pretty good, too. PRETTY LITTLE KILLERS was disturbing (go look up Rachel Shoaf and Shelia Eddy), some other true crime books. CREEP for #HeistClub, some new Fear Street novels…

good3

ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE was something I had to review for work but it actually turned out to be enjoyable, just not my usual kind of read. JUST A LITTLE BIT OF LOVE with its pretty cover, some more non-fiction stuff, and last night oh god JANUS SILANG 2 made me want Part 3 right away I NEED IT NOW.

So yeah, that’s pretty much my crazy, colorful year in books! Hopefully, I’d still get to read a lot this year (and in these last few days of 2015!) Will post those favorites lists soon!

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment