Tuesday, December 22, 2015

2015 Favorites: Best Books

BESTBOOKSLOGO

Now, time to list my 15 favorite books of 2015! Check them all out below!

18692431

  1. Everything, Everything (Nicola Yoon)

“I was trying so hard to find the single pivotal moment that set my life on its path. The moment that answered the question, ‘How did I get here?’

But it’s never just one moment. It’s a series of them. And your life can branch out from each one in a thousand different ways. Maybe there’s a version of your life for all the choices you make and all the choices you don’t.”

Everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING, about this book is beautiful. You know, you’d think it’s one of those usual stories but it’s definitely on a league of its own. It’s beautiful, heartbreaking, and there are a lot of unexpected moments that will make you swoon, cry, and basically just gasp and take a lot of deep breaths. I’m a really forgetful person but this one? I know it would stay with me for a long, long time.

 

18460392

  1. All The Bright Places (Jennifer Niven)

“She is oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus. The same elements that are inside the rest of us, but I can’t help thinking she’s more than that and she’s got other elements going on that no one’s ever heard of, ones that make her stand apart from everybody else.”

I read this early this year, before it became big, and I’m glad I did because it’s just one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking, cry-worthy books I’ve read all my life. I’m glad it also talks about Depression in such a way that makes it understandable for those who don’t. I’m just basically glad for the beauty that is this book. The author’s also working on the movie’s screenplay so that’s something to look forward to.

18812405

  1. The Good Girl (Mary Kubica)

“I know how betrayal and disillusionment feel, when someone who could give you the world refuses even a tiny piece of it.”

Mary Kubica is one of my favorite authors right now because she writes soooo well. Like, seriously. I’m a fan of crazy suspense/crime thrillers and she nails it. She knows how to do it. This book certainly proved that.

18459855

  1. Another Day (David Levithan)

“That has to be what love is – seeing what a mess he is and loving him anyway, because you know you’re a mess, too, maybe even worse.”

There were lots of bad reviews for this book but I liked it not just because I love David Levithan, but also because it’s good to be in Rhiannon’s shoes. So heartbreaking and painful. I wouldn’t choose what’s better between this one and Every Day because I love them both.

23492736

  1. The Status of All Things (Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke)

“A very wise person once told me marriage is hard, that you have to keep fighting for it everyday.”

One word: Facebook. It’s so witty and it has that Sophie Kinsella/Alexandra Potter feel.

23638955

  1. Pretty Baby (Mary Kubica)

“Momma used to say, “We don’t have much, but at least we have each other.” And then one day, we didn’t even have that much.”

Another Kubica! Pretty Baby is really crazy but great. Read it and you’d know what I mean.

17558088

  1. Hallowed (Tonya Hurley)

I love the Precious Blood series and this was such a fitting ending. But I still want mooooooore

23215469

  1. Down The Rabbit Hole (Holly Madison)

“Maybe I wasn’t defined by the mistakes I had made after all . . . maybe those decisions were what allowed me to become the person I was always destined to be.”

Didn’t know much about Holly except for Girls Next Door, but I really enjoyed this book. She is a survivor and no matter what you say, I’m glad things worked out for her.

23305614

  1. Finding Audrey (Sophie Kinsella)

“I think what I’ve realized is, life is all about climbing up, slipping down, and picking yourself up again. And it doesn’t matter if you slip down. As long as you’re kind of heading more or less upwards. That’s all you can hope for. More or less upwards.”

This book nailed what anxiety feels like to a T. It’s Sophie’s first YA offering and she did it so well. So beautiful.

20698530

  1. P.S. I Still Love You (Jenny Han)

“There’s a Korean word my grandma taught me. It’s called jung. It’s the connection between two people that can’t be severed, even when love turns to hate. You still have those old feelings for them; you can’t ever completely shake them loose of you; you will always have tenderness in your heart for them.”

The ending to the Song Sisters series. Oh man, the rollercoaster of emotions this brought me!

23734628

  1. Carry On (Rainbow Rowell)

“Sharing a room with the person you want most is like sharing a room with an open fire.

He’s constantly drawing you in. And you’re constantly stepping too close. And you know it’s not good–that there is no good–that there’s absolutely nothing that can ever come of it.

But you do it anyway.
And then…
Well. Then you burn.”

Harry Potter. Twilight. Fanfics. Fangirl. EVERYTHING.

18816603

  1. Leaving Time (Jodi Picoult)

“I wonder if, as you get older, you stop missing people so fiercely. Maybe growing up is just focusing on what you’ve got, instead of what you don’t.” 

Dark, sad, beautiful, unforgettable.

18336965

  1. My Heart and Other Black Holes (Jasmine Warga)

“Depression is like a heaviness that you can’t ever escape. It crushes down on you, making even the smallest things like tying your shoes or chewing on toast seem like a twenty-mile hike uphill. Depression is a part of you; it’s in your bones and your blood. If I know anything about it, this is what I know: It’s impossible to escape.”

Again: Depression. Suicide. I love how it does not sugarcoat things. It’s heartbreaking. It’s fearless. It’s beautiful.

23281811

  1. Pretending to be Erica (Michelle Painchaud)

I just like how it was written; how enjoyable and entertaining and painful it was.

6224935

  1. This is Where I Leave You (Jonathan Tropper)

“I may not be old but I’m too old to have this much nothing”

I’m pretty sure this was not released this year but only read it a couple of months ago and it had a really big impact on me. I always like complicated, intertwining stories. I like this novel’s humor and wit—and the characters, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment