Monday, December 28, 2015

2015 Favorites: 15 Songs for 2015

BESTSONGS

  1. Fight Song (Rachel Platten)

Losing friends and I’m chasing sleep
Everybody’s worried about me
In too deep
Say I’m in too deep (in too deep)
And it’s been two years
I miss my home
But there’s a fire burning in my bones
Still believe
Yeah, I still believe

  1. Oasis (A Great Big World)

When we’re lost in a desert night
and we’re chasing our paradise
When we can’t fight another fight
We’re gonna make it,
You’re my Oasis

  1. High by the Beach (Lana del Rey)

The truth is I never
Bought into your bullshit
When you would pay tribute to me
Cause I know that
All I wanted to do is get high by the beach
Get high baby, baby, bye, bye

  1. Your Type (Carly Rae Jepsen)

I’m not the type of girl for you
And I’m not going to pretend
That I’m the type of girl you call more than a friend
And I break all the rules for you
Break my heart and start again
I’m not the type of girl you call more than a friend

  1. On my Mind (Ellie Goulding)

I always hear, always hear them talking
Talking ’bout a girl, ’bout a girl with my name
Saying that I hurt you but I still don’t get it
You didn’t love me, no, not really
Wait, I could have really liked you
I’ll bet, I’ll bet that’s why I keep thinking about you
It’s a shame, you said I was good
So I poured it down, so I poured it down

And now I don’t understand it
You don’t mess with love you mess with the truth
And I know I shouldn’t say it
But my heart don’t understand

  1. The Words (Christina Perri)

And all of the noise I hear inside
Restless and loud, unspoken and wild

  1. Love Myself (Hailee Steinfeld)

I’m gonna put my body first
And love me so hard ’til it hurts
I know how to scream out the words
Scream the words

  1. Stone Cold (Demi Lovato)

Stone cold, stone cold
You’re dancing with her, while I’m staring at my phone
Stone cold, stone cold
I was your amber, but now she’s your shade of gold

Stone cold, baby
God knows I tried to feel
Happy for you
Know that I am, even if I
Can’t understand, I’ll take the pain
Give me the truth, me and my heart
We’ll make it through

  1. Magnets (Disclosure ft Lorde)

Smoke and sunset, off Mulholland
He was talking, I was wondering ’bout
You and that girl, she your girlfriend?
Face from heaven, bet the world she don’t know
Pretty girls don’t know the things that I know
But my way I’ll share the things that you want

Uh-oh, dancin’ past the point of no return
Let go, we can free ourselves of all we’ve learned
I love this secret language that we’re speaking
Say it to me, let’s embrace the point of no return
Let’s embrace the point of no return
Let’s embrace the point of no return

  1. Man on a Wire (The Script)

No, I can’t look down
I’m trying to fight the feeling
I will fall to the ground
If I ever see you
‘Cause I feel like I’m walkin’ on a tightrope

My heart is in my throat
I’m counting on high hopes to get me over you
And I’ve got my eyes closed
As long as the wind blows
I’m counting on high hopes to get me over you, you

  1. Up (Olly Murs ft Demi Lovato)

I never meant to break your heart
Now I won’t let this plane go down
I never meant to make you cry
I’ll do what it takes to make this fly, oh
You gotta hold on
Hold on to what you’re feeling
That feeling is the best thing
The best thing, alright
I’m gonna place my bet on us
I know this love is heading in the same direction
That’s up

  1. Tattoo (Hilary Duff)

Apologies for the way I’ve been
I couldn’t wash you off my skin, no I
I couldn’t live without you

Mmm, Tears and eyes can try
But I know
Burning like the wire in lightbulbs
It could be in the way you bleed me

  1. Paper Doll (Bea Miller)

Does it make you feel good to make me feel small?
When you’re pushing me down, does it make you feel tall?
Pointing out my flaws cause you wanna erase them all
Does it make you feel good to make me feel small?

I’m not a paper doll
Can’t make me what you want
You just build me up and tear me down
Enough’s enough
Go, leave me alone
Cut me down but I won’t fall
I’m not a paper doll

  1. Bright (Echosmith)

Did you see that shooting star tonight?
Were you dazzled by the same constellation?
Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me?
I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right
‘Cause now I’m shining bright, so bright
Bright, so bright

  1. Four Five Seconds (Rihanna and Kanye West ft Paul McCartney)

Woke up an optimist, sun was shining I’m positive
Then I heard you was talkin’ trash
Hold me back I’m bout’ to spaz

See they want to buy my pride, but that just ain’t up for sale
See all of my kindness, is taken for weakness

Bonus:  Little Do You Know (Alex and Sierra)

(I know this was released last year but it’s just so beautiful and I only heard it earlier this year so…)

Little do you know
I know you’re hurting while I’m sound asleep
Little do you know
All my mistakes are slowly drowning me
Little do you know
I’m trying to make it better piece by piece

Little do you know
I, I love you ’til the sun dies


No comments:

Post a Comment