Monday, November 16, 2015

Life, Lately… (aka dealing with this and that, and #WriteBreakUpSongsAbout)

LIFELATELY

So…it’s been a few days since I’ve been here and I wish it was just because I was busy but aside from that…depression and anxiety have been pretty bad, too. The thing with them is that when they attack you bad, they attack you real bad.

And it’s hard. There really were days the past few weeks when I felt like I’ve reached the end of my rope. You have no idea how hard it is to remind myself to keep going; just keep going. Sometimes, life just feels too constricting; like it’s just full of losses and you have no idea how to win. This isn’t about being dramatic; it’s just the truth.

But, anyway, I’ve also been writing and the latest I’ve worked on was my #WriteBreakupSongsAbout (You can still write along! Details HERE) manuscript and though I cannot talk much about it, I could say it’s one of the most challenging things I’ve done simply because…well, this one involved lots of real emotions (my choice! Ha!) and it’s like looking back at a different time in your life (at least, in mine).

It’s just something I have not written about for sooooo long, and this time, it’s like I got to feel all the emotions (haha) just because you know, you’re looking back, seeing another version of you, and putting yourself in your old shoes (whatever the hell that means), and yeah, it’s also kind of therapeutic.

See, I guess what I’ve learned is that sometimes…it’s harder to write about things that are close to you because…you have to work on blurring the lines between fiction and reality, and you have to give it your best.

But here’s another thing: this manuscript is something I’m proud of. It’s something that cheesy as it sounds, really came from the heart. ;)

What I can say is that we had to choose a One Direction song for this project, and what I chose was You and I. You can listen to it below.

I figured it out
I figured it out from black and white
Seconds and hours
Maybe they had to take some time

I know how it goes
I know how it goes for wrong and right
Silence and sound
Did they ever hold each other
Tight like us
Did they ever fight like us

[Harry:]
You & I
We don’t want to be like them
We can make it till the end
Nothing can come between
You & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us
No nothing can come between
You & I
Oohh You & I

I figured it out
Saw the mistakes of up and down
Meet in the middle
There’s always room for common ground

I see what it’s like
I see what it’s like for day and night
Never together
Cause they see things in a different light
Like us
They never tried like us

[Harry:]
You & I
We don’t want to be like them
We can make it till the end
Nothing can come between
You & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us

‘Cause You & I

We don’t want to be like them
We can make it till the end
Nothing can come between You & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us
No nothing can come between
You & I

You & I

Oohh You & I [x2]

We can make it if we try
You & I

Oohh you & I
You & I

Have a good week, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment