Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Favorite Quotes from “A SECOND CHANCE”

ascquotes

If you know me, you’d know Bea and John Lloyd is one of my favorite Pinoy loveteams (and believe me, there are only a few lol) and ONE MORE CHANCE is one of my favorite movies of all time (actually even bought the novelization, but that’s another story…), so obviously, I watched A SECOND CHANCE (and dragged my boyfriend along).

This is actually the first Pinoy movie I’ve seen in the cinema in… 3 years? The last one I watched was another film of these two (The Mistress). I really wanted to see this film because it really has been too long since the first movie (2007), and of course, I’ve grown up, too (was a college sophomore then, and now I’m in my *gasp* late twenties). I really thought the film depicted the reality of relationships (especially when you’re married/have moved in together), so while I still like the first movie better, I appreciated this one for being realistic–and yeah, yeah, I did shed a few tears.

Anyway, let me share some of my favorite lines from the film with y’all:

“Why is it so easy for you to see the worst in me?”

“Why do you make it so hard for me to see the best in you?”

giphy (4).gif

“I lost him. I lost the man you married. Can you honestly love a failure?”

tumblr_lwf3xvDL0A1r2yuwk.gif

Seriously, though…people really change in relationships; it cannot be helped.

“Your love story is what you make it.”

Quinn_Fabray_-_GIF

And my favorite:

“Maybe, it’s brave to ask ‘What if?’, but maybe, it’s braver to embrace ‘What is’.”

tumblr_m5ftoi3RAQ1r7ifqv.gif

It’s true. Sometimes, we just fail to appreciate “what is”. And I am quite guilty of that. It’ll take time to really appreciate life for what it is–but you have to. Otherwise, you won’t be happy, even once.


No comments:

Post a Comment