Thursday, January 1, 2015

This Week's Prompt: 50 Things about Me

Happy New Year, Darlings!
My first blog post for this year shall be dedicated to writing about 50 Things About Me (because recently, I had a project about Writing Prompts so, why not use some of them? :)) Okay...here we go...

50 Things About Me


1. My full first name is Cherubim Cassandra Paula.

2. I don't like using that name anymore because well, I believe that like Alaska Young, we have the choice to choose our own name lol seriously...too many bad memories, and Cherubim is a little too nice for who I am right now, so let's stick to Cass or Luna, instead. ;)

3. Luna happened because of Luna Lovegood! And, Alyeska is because of Alaska Young.

4. I haven't read too many books in the past couple of weeks because short attention span and anxiety problems.

5. But I just bought a book a while ago, the first for this year, so here's hoping that I'd get back to the habit of reading without my mind going elsewhere.

6. I've had anxiety problems since I was...hmmm...maybe 8 or 9 years old.

7. I once watched 123 movies in a year.

8. And this year, I vow to watch 1 movie each day or every other day again.

9. I have this weird habit of buying notepads and notebooks and organizers or any other writing items but I end up not filling up every page or not using them all the time. So, I'm technically a paper hoarder lol

10. I also buy cute pens just for the heck of it.

11. I can't write when I'm not using the computer. I am super lazy when it comes to "handwriting" already.

12. The most number of books I've read in a year alone is 168, which happened in 2013. (I cannot believe I cannot call 2013 "last year" anymore)

13. I'd watch any movie as long as Mark Ruffalo's in there.

14. My favorite movies of all time are: A Walk to Remember, The Virgin Suicides, 13 Going on 30, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Gia, Begin Again, Riding in Cars with Boys, Elvis and Anabelle, 500 Days of Summer, New Year's Eve, Girl Interrupted, Edward Scissorhands, Bee Movie, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Toy Story 2. (I know I'm still forgetting a lot...)

15. Which brings us to fact #15: I am seriously forgetful. That's why I cannot read something for a long time before working because I'd end up forgetting what I read and will just have to read it again.

16. I end up BAWLING when I watch movies or even short clips with sad animal tales in them. I cannot take it. When I watched Marley and Me, I ended up in a fetal position on my bed just crying about it for hours. >.< (I cried at the book, too.)

17. My favorite books of all time would have to be: My Sister's Keeper, Looking for Alaska, The Harry Potter Series, Love Rosie, There's No Place Like Here, If You Could See Me Now, Paper Towns, Veronika Decides to Die, Like the Flowing River, Eleven Minutes, The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe, Eleanor and Park, Fangirl, Dear John, and the Pretty Little Liars Series (and a whole lot of books that I'm probably forgetting at the moment)

18. As for local books, I love: Cover Story Girl by Chris Mariano, Table for Two by Marla Miniano, Fairy Tale Fail by Mina Esguerra, All's Fair in Blog and War by Chrissie Peria, Vince's Life by Vince Teves, and Janus Silang by Edgar Samar.

19. I haven't met a lot of authors because I suck at waking up early and falling in line but I've met Nicholas Sparks in 2011 (or was it 2010? Bea, help me out lol) and met my friend Bea at the same event; also, in December 2013, I met the ever awesome Chris Mariano with my boyfriend and it was one of those nights that I'll never forget. <3

2o. My favorite flowers are Sunflowers, and Red Roses.

21. I have an obsession with weddings. One time, I think this was back in 2010 and my Tumblr was filled up with wedding-related posts, someone asked if I was actually getting married lol.

22.I only got Instagram in August last year. Now, I am obsessed with it. 


23. I started reviewing books on this blog in 2013 and got free books, some freebies, and great experiences along the way. <3 *I'll try to blog more again this year because last year was uber busy*

24. I am also obsessed with Gossip Girl.

25. Also, I love the Kardashians. Especially Khloe, and Kendall, and Scott! #notevenashamedanymore

26. I am 26 years old. Somehow, I don't want to believe it.

27. I am allergic to chocolates but there are times when I end up eating lots of them because cravings. :D

28. I once had (have, it's still running) a quotes blog called an angel's collection of quotes. (I have no idea what I was thinking when I came up with that name)

29. I am obsessed with the voices of Ellie Goulding, Lorde, and Lana del Rey.
Lana is a genius with her music videos. I really like her monologues, especially in Ride.

30. I love Demi Lovato because she is strong. 

31. I need to be in the mall at least 2 to 4 times a week or I feel all the more depressed (like right now lol)

32. My favorite TV shows are: The OC, Once Upon a Time, Gossip Girl, Master Chef Junior, Kitchen Nightmares, How to Get Away with Murder, New Girl, Pretty Little Liars, and My Strange Addiction. 

33. I am estranged with my family. I also believe that you cannot and should not judge someone for that because all families are different and sometimes, even if it's sad and crazy, your family can break you. I think I also broke them, but yeah, that's that. Your parents can break you, and I'm saying this not because "masama ang loob ko" and all but because it's true. It happened already. And when those things happen, it's really hard to get out of it; it's hard to move on but you try your best. (I only talk to my youngest brother some days)

34. I haven't gone home in over a year. Sometimes, I think about it but then again...Why would you go back to something that broke you? (I do miss the house sometimes, though. It was a nice place. And I miss my dad aka stepdad)

35. I haven't met two of my biological siblings from my father's side yet, but I got to talk to my cousin sometime last year but yeah, I don't know how to feel about that anymore. Maybe, someday.

36. I also haven't met my real father in person! Well, he was around til I was maybe 2, and we got to talk some 7 years ago but nothing materialized out of it.

37. I am not a morning person. Wake me up before 8 or 9 am and I feel cranky the whole day or I feel like I haven't gotten any sleep. 

38. I'm also really.slow. when it comes to taking a bath and dressing up and all that.

39. I can't do everyday office jobs because they bore me and I get tired of the "byahe" and I end up being sick--all the time. 

40. Last year, I had Pneumonia and I thought I was gonna die lol

 41. I am agnostic. Let me be clear: I believe in a Supreme Being; I just don't believe in organized religion, or people who try to turn you into them because "their religion is the only thing that's right".
42. I have loads of girl crushes. I feel like females are more beautiful than males lol.

43. But I'm happy with my relationship with my guy. I consider him and our cats as my family now. 

44. I have no plans of having kids.

45. I think of the cats when I'm away from home.

46. I want to have a nice house or an apartment in a year or two. Or months, hopefully, if money ends up in front of me just like that lol and I want a room for the cats! 

47. When I'm not working, I feel like shit. I mean, sometimes I get super lazy but then I feel like, "What are you doing with your life again?" so I work even on holidays if I could just so my mind doesn't get cluttered.

48. I love making lists...and reading lists.

49. My favorite songs of all time are: Vienna by Billy Joel, Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift, Champagne Supernova by Oasis, If I Die Young by The Band Perry, Explosions by Ellie Goulding, A World Alone by Lorde, and every Lana del Rey song out there. (I'm sure there are more but again, memory problems)

50. And...I want these words on my Epitaph: "Life and Death, Energy and Peace. If I stop today, it will be worth it. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, they were still worth it; Even the terrible mistakes that I have made and would unmake if I could; for having been allowed to walk where I walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, far in between, on it, in it, and above." (Heard this from the movie Gia)

Toodles! I am utterly hungry now :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment