Tuesday, June 18, 2013

13


Flash forward and we're taking on the world togetherAnd there's a drawer of my things at your placeYou learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guardedYou say we'll never make my parents' mistakes
But we got bills to payWe got nothing figured outWhen it was hard to takeYes, yes, this is what I thought about
Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?You put your arm around me for the first timeYou made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughterYou are the best thing that's ever been mine

          Babe,

So. When I opened Youtube this afternoon, this was the first thing that I saw. I've no idea why, I mean, this was taken a long tie ago, but it's funny coz I've  been singing this song a lot today  and you  were humming along to this this morning. I've been planning to write you a letter since our 13th monthsary's comin up  soon but you know how lazy I am these days when it comes to  using the pen and paper, but since I have this blog, I thought, "Why not write you something here?", so yeah, here it is.
 I know that  to say that our relationship  has been rocky lately is quite an understatement. I know we've been  arguing too much and yeah, well, we     like debating  on almost everything all the time that sometimes...our love is being overshadowed by all that shit. There are dyas though when I look at you and think, "It's so great to be loved." There are days when I think of us and I couldn't help but smile. 
         The past thirteen months have been quite a rollercoaster. And the past weeks, even more. But maybe, all relationships come to a test and just like rollercoasters, you just have to enjoy the ride. We may be two of the world's most imperfect individuals but I  guess that's why we connect. I don't  say this to you all the tie but I'm tankful that I have you. Thanks for being my boyfirend and bestfriend rolled into one. Thansk for cracking me up. For singing to me naks!. For..everything. Yeah, the arguments are craaaaazy but otherwise, we're good. I love you, and whenever you tell me that, especially when we're about to sleep at  night, it never fails to make me feel giddy inside. And i appreciate those love-filled hugs and kisses and you know what else..haha. And for loving our cats and fishes! You're  good daddy and lolo :P

So yes, there are more things to say  but I can't seem to find the words right now.   Yeah I'm still sad about you-know-what, but at least, it's not the end of the world. Here's another song that I know YOU love:

We could just go home right now
Or maybe we could stick around
For just one more drink, oh yeah
Get another bottle out
Lets shoot the shit
Sit back down
For just one more drink, oh yeah

Here's to us
Here's to love
All the times
That we fucked up
Here's to you
Fill the glass
Cause the last few days
Have kicked my ass
So lets give em hell
Wish everybody well
Here's to us
Here's to us

Stuck it out this far together
Put our dreams through the shredder
Let’s toast cause things got better
and everything could change like that
And all these years go by so fast
But nothing lasts forever

Here's to us
Here's to love
All the times
That we messed up
Here's to you
Fill the glass
Cause the last few nights
Have kicked my ass
If they give you hell
Tell em to go fuck themselves
Here's to us
Here's to us

Here's to all that we kissed
And to all that we missed
To the biggest mistakes
That we just wouldn’t trade
To us breaking up
Without us breaking down
To whatever's come our way
 And lastly, something that captures us right now:
Right from the startYou were a thiefYou stole my heartAnd I was your willing victimI let you see the parts of meThat weren't all that prettyAnd with every touch you fixed them
Now you've been talking in your sleep, oh, ohThings you never say to me, oh, ohTell me that you've had enoughOf our love, our love
Just give me a reasonJust a little bit's enoughJust a second we're not broken just bentAnd we can learn to love againIt's in the starsIt's been written in the scars on our heartsWe're not broken just bentAnd we can learn to love again
I'm sorry I don't understandWhere all of this is coming fromI thought that we were fine(Oh, we had everything)Your head is running wild againMy dear we still have everythin'And it's all in your mind(Yeah, but this is happenin')
You've been havin' real bad dreams, oh, ohYou used to lie so close to me, oh, ohThere's nothing more than empty sheetsBetween our love, our loveOh, our love, our love
Just give me a reason
Just a little bit's enoughJust a second we're not broken just bentAnd we can learn to love againI never stoppedYou're still written in the scars on my heartYou're not broken just bentAnd we can learn to love again
Oh, tear ducts and rustI'll fix it for usWe're collecting dustBut our love's enoughYou're holding it inYou're pouring a drinkNo nothing is as bad as it seemsWe'll come clean
Just give me a reasonJust a little bit's enoughJust a second we're not broken just bentAnd we can learn to love againIt's in the starsIt's been written in the scars on our heartsThat we're not broken just bentAnd we can learn to love again
Just give me a reasonJust a little bit's enoughJust a second we're not broken just bentAnd we can learn to love againIt's in the starsIt's been written in the scars on our heartsThat we're not broken just bentAnd we can learn to love again
Oh, we can learn to love againOh, we can learn to love againOh, oh, that we're not broken just bentAnd we can learn to love again
And promise me we'll sing that sometime! haha! Advanced Happy 13th Monthsary! I love you! :>


z

No comments:

Post a Comment