Saturday, January 16, 2016

Life Lately (02)

LIFELATELY

Well…this week has been quite something, huh?

Let’s see…it started out nice—with lots of TV (since I don’t often watch TV “on TV”), and then there were three new kittens (who actually turned out to be four!!!!) who were dropped off at our house, and of course, we took them in. I’ve actually forgotten how taxing and draining it is to take care of baby kittens since most cats here are 6 months and up already. I haven’t had much sleep in the past 2 days. I wish they were not taken away from their mama cat just like that :( Will post pics when they’re a bit bigger :)

And then…Alan Rickman left us all. It’s something that really shook me because I’ve been watching the Harry Potter movies all these years, as well as his other movies and appearances. But you know…growing up with Harry Potter, I kind of feel like a part of my life is really gone. It’s just…sad.

Anyway, aside from Harry Potter, my fave Rickman films include:

  1. Closet Land
  2. Perfume
  3. Alice in Wonderland

There are just so many awful things going on the world today that sometimes, you kind of want to question things. Plus I’m in this constant state of exhaustion and anxiety (January, I thought we were gonna be friends? What happened?) Sometimes I feel like I’m just floating through work and don’t really want to talk to people too much and I don’t know…

What I’ve been Reading

Half of January has gone and I’ve read just 4 books, which are:

  1. Columbine (4/5)
  2. Firsts (3/5)
  3. Me Before You (4/5)
  4. Oz The Great and the Powerful (2/5)

Columbine’s about the awful 1999 Columbine shootings, and I think it’s one of the most well-written true crime books I have read. Really gripping.

Firsts…well, I liked it at first and it had great premise but there were so many things that were off about it. Things about the gender spectrum, about “firsts”, and the main character’s just too much. But writing-wise, it was written well, I really just have a problem with the plot and the character.

Me Before You is heartbreaking in more ways than one.

And Oz the Great and the Powerful was just dreadful. Well, it was fine but…what was the point?

What I’ve been watching

I didn’t have proper internet connection for 4 days because of a nearby fire that destroyed the wires, but finally it was connected again yesterday, and I was able to catch up with my shows (yay).

Well, I’ve been watching the latest (and last) season of American Idol. Haven’t seen the show in years but I think it has its groove back this year. Great hopefuls + great chemistry from the judges, too.

I’ve also been catching up on:

  1. Younger Season 2
  2. New Girl Season 5 (is it 5 or 6? Lol but the latest season)
  3. The Shannara Chronicles

And of course, PLL, Supergirl, KUWTK…and I’m pretty sure I’m still forgetting something.

So yeah…that’s about it, I guess….

 


No comments:

Post a Comment