Monday, March 7, 2016

Life, Lately (04) + Bookish News!

LIFELATELY

It has seriously been forever since I last posted here but life has been craaaaazy. There are days when I’m just seriously exhausted and have no time for anything else, and when I do have time I just feel like I want to eat and sleep and walk the dog (lol)…but seriously, it’s been a tiring couple of weeks.

Plus…well, I’ve also been going through a depressive phase. For a time, there were certain things I felt I had to stop (such as writing books, tbh) because I felt like it was going nowhere. I kind of felt like I wasn’t good enough. That has been playing in my head for a while and it was sad and I thought, maybe, I should stop BUT, you know…life really works in mysterious ways because just when I felt like giving up, a certain email popped up in my inbox that made me realize that sometimes, you really just have to wait, especially if you have done your part (because what would you wait for if you have not done your part, right?) and what you’re waiting for will come. I also remembered this conversation I had with a friend (Hi, Kaye!), about dreams and not giving up on your passion, because really, what would life be like if you’d give up altogether?

Well, going back to the email… it’s not exactly what I wanted, but it’s close. Imagine being one of the chosen ones (HAHA not like Harry but that would be good, too) among many (I know, cryptic, will divulge when I could but not now…). What I’m saying is, maybe this will finally lead me to what I really, really want. Maybe, it’s a test. You’ll know soon, but for now (for a taste of it), do read THIS.

And to know more about that, you can subscribe to my newsletter at: http://ift.tt/1OYdEcM

Another bookish news: you can order a copy of this compilation some of my colleagues and I made. It’s called Project TIMES: Hearts For Sale, and you could order your paperback copy here: bit.ly/HeartsForSale

Anyway, going back to other things, I’ve been walking a lot recently because #ChewytheDog loves the outside world so much lol. Still a cat lady though!

What I’ve been reading

Haven’t been reading so much, too L Except for certain articles here and there, and I’ve only read only 15 books this year (that’s a lot for some but not for me but my ADD’s really getting worse…) Most recent reads are:

  1. Rainbow Rowell – Kindred Spirits
  2. Jojo Moyes – After You
  3. Jessica Love – In Real Life
  4. OJ Simpson – If I did it (THIS MADE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH UGH)

Currently reading Marcia Clark’s Without a Doubt.

What I’ve been watching

  1. American Crime Story: The People vs OJ Simpson. This is so good (and I’m obviously obsessed, if you could tell by what I’ve also been reading recently). It kind of inspires me to do more, do something like that (not KILL OMG but create something as artistic, and as good as that). It’s the kind of show that’s worth watching.
  2. How to Get Away with Murder! STOP TRYING TO MAKE WES-LAUREL HAPPEN IT’S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. But seriously, still twisted and gooooood
  3. OUAT. IT’S BACK!!! AND DARKER!
  4. Damien. Just started watching this and it’s super creepy! I like how they’re using old The Omen footages though. And I’m really scared of saints (at least the figures), big ones (Ikr it’s weird but they really freak me out) and this show UGH !!!!
  5. Pretty Little Liars. #Spaleb

Also American Idol is really good this season!!!! Grease: LIVE was also amazing! Still watching Supergirl, some Recovery Road, and Tyler: The Hollywood Medium, amongst others lol. Oh, and a lot of Late Late Show with James Corden!

Current Favorite Tunes (aka songs on repeat)

  1. Alex and Sierra – Back to You
  2. Alex and Sierra – I Love You
  3. We the Kings ft Elena Coates – Sad Song
  4. Zayn – Pillowtalk (IKR LOL)
  5. Kelly Clarkson – Piece by Piece (Idol Version)
  6. Fifth Harmony ft Ty Dolla Sign– Work from Home
  7. New Radicals – Get What You Give (old one but I’ve been playing it a lot)
  8. Charlie Puth ft Selena Gomez – We Don’t Talk Anymore
  9. Carly Rae Jepsen – All That
  10. Nick Fradiani – Beautiful Life
  11. The Corrs – I Do What I Like
  12. Seafret – Sinking Ship
  13. Nickel Creek – This Side
  14. Lana del Rey – Freak
  15. Chvrches – Clearest Blue

That’s it for now, I guess…So how’ve you guys been doing?

P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to http://ift.tt/1OYdEcM. Making this blog more interactive. Let’s do this!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment