Thursday, December 11, 2014

14 Songs for 2014: My Favorite tunes for this year

1. Taylor Swift - Blank Space

 When I first heard this song, I was like "Damn, that song is SO ME." Those lyrics are divine lol and that video? Ah, dear, if you only knew...hahaha. >:)

2. Sam  Smith - I'm Not the Only One



 I think Sam Smith was put on earth to pull on our heartstrings and drive us into happy despair, if ever there's such a thing. Love this song, love the video and this is just perfection.

3. Ariana Grande ft The Weeknd - Love Me Harder
Say what you want about Ariana, but this song is dope. It's sexy and I love how her vocals complemented that of The Weeknd's so yeah, it's on my list.

4. Lorde - Yellow Flicker Beat
Ahhh, Ella. Ella is truly a lord because she is divine and she makes songs like this. Great lyrics, love the video, and the Kanye rework is amazing, too!

5. Lana del Rey - Brooklyn Baby


It's a beautiful, beautiful song. I have like, zero attention span  but I can listen to this song over and over and over again without feeling like I want to smash the screen. It's beautiful, haunting, and Lana is such a goddess!

6. Nicki Minaj - Pills and Potions
I wish more people saw this side of Nicki. I'm not a fan of hers but this song is really beautiful.

7. Selena Gomez - The Heart Wants What it Wants
I think this song's lovely. I also believe that it's one of the most honest songs that I've heard this year and when Selena sang it (LIVE!!!!) at the AMA's, you could really just feel her pain so it's not hard for you to

8. Meghan Trainor - Close Your Eyes
Meghan is more than just "the All About That Bass" girl. Check out her other songs, especially this one, and you'll surely love her.

9. Caitlin Hart - Young Volcanoes (Fall Out Boy Cover)

I looooove Caitlin and her version of this song is just so awesome.

10. Lucy Hale - The Road Between
^That exactly.


11. Leighton Meester - Heartstrings

Yes, she can  really sing and this song is so lovely. </3

12. Tove Lo - Habits
There's just something about this song that makes me want to listen to it over and over and over again.

13.Ellie Goulding - All I Want

Kodaline's original version is great but Ellie can take a song and make it her own because she is awesome.

14. Keira Knightley - Lost Stars
Beautiful song + beautiful movie = Perfection.

Needless to say, it was a great year for music. *Sorry I have lost my grasp of words today...but I'll be back ;)*

No comments:

Post a Comment