Tuesday, September 30, 2014

October, Baby: 25 songs from The OC -- Birthday Countdown List #1

Alas, it's October--my favorite month of the year! weeee. Why? Well, for the simple reason that it's my birthday month (LOL, sooo childish!), but really, I've always loved October.  I like October Weather; I like thinking that it's autumn (though it's not that big in the Philippines), and that soon, it'll be Christmas--but it'll be my birthday first! HA!


Autumn landscape - stock photo
I know, I know, I'm OOOOOOLD but I don't see that as a reason not to celebrate one's birthday. I believe that during your birthday month, you can try to be as happy as can be--and be excited, even just for that little big thing known as your birthday. Mine falls on the 18th (so I basically only have 17 days left of being 25 and then I'll be ancient...) So, I thought I'd do a countdown of some sorts (let's see if I can keep up with this daily) of the things I love, things that matter, and whatever else you can think of.

My first post for my Birthday Countdown List would be a list of the 25 BEST SONGS FROM THE OC!

 

If you don't know yet, THE OC is my favorite TV Series of all time. I've seen it over and over and it just never gets old. It made me dream of waking up to the smell of coffee and bagels, seeing shows at The Bait Shop, eating Chili Fries, living in THE OC, and possibly meeting my own Seth Cohen! HAHA! I was obsessed with this show (still am). One good thing about THE OC (Aside from Seth, Summer, Ryan, and Marissa) is the awesome, awesome, ultra awesome soundtrack. So, without further adieu, here's...

THE 25 BEST SONGS FROM THE OC:

1. Youth Group - Forever Young
2. Nada Surf - If You Leave
3. Joseph Arthur - Honey and the Moon
4. Finley Quay - Dice
5. Matt Pond PA - Champagne Supernova
6. Ryan Adams - Wonderwall
7. Phantom Planet - California
8. Rachael Yamagata - Worn Me Down
9. Jason Scwartzman - The West Coast
10. Imogen Heap -  Hide and Seek
11. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
12. Rooney - Terrible Person
13. Coldplay - Fix You
14. Jem - Maybe I'm Amazed
15. Dios Malos - You got me all wrong
16. U2 - Sometimes you can't make it on your own
17. The Perishers - Trouble Sleeping
18. The Killers - Mr. Brightside
19. Beck - True Love will find you in the end
20. The Dandy Warhols - We Used to be Friends
21. Alexi Murdoch - All of my days 
22. Mates of State - California
23. Rachael Yamagata - Reason Why
24. Mazzy Star - Into Dust
25. Patrick Park - Life is a song

I linked most of the songs to some of the best moments in THE OC where they were used so all those FEEEEELLLSSSS could be unleashed.

That's it for today! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment